The Daily Dozen
As soon as Bear received his diagnosis, my wheels started turning about what things we could do to mitigate the inevitable damage. One of the first things I did was text our dear friend, Lillian Schimpf, to ask for any dietary tips and tricks she might have, as a pro cancer-battler herself. I was very vague and said it was for a family member diagnosed with colon cancer, which felt a little dishonest, but we are not ready to share much info yet. She was lovely with her advice and reminded me of the Daily Dozen app we used to use and which she and her husband used to get their bodies back into shape and to boost their guts and immune systems.
I texted Berek the below picture and told him he was about to hate me for all I was going to take away from him, never mind the weird stuff I was about to make him eat, ha! One of the blessings of being his wife is that he would eat cardboard if given enough pepper, so hopefully he isn't too resistant to all I'm about to force down his gullet!
Comments
Post a Comment